5 months ago
It is time to get information from our community to help develop our Districts 2016-2017 Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP). The survey is ready to go!!!
Different Ways to Take the Survey On-line
It takes 10 minutes and 8 questions
1. Please go to our school web- site (bard.huensd.k12.ca.us/) and take the survey online.
2. Come to the office, there are laptops to use.
3. After the Awards assemblies this month J We will have the computer
4. March 15th – Pawsitive Parent Night at 6:00 computers will be available
5. Computer lab will be open Monday March 21-25 from 7:45-8:30
6. When you pick up your student from ASES; Staff will have computers
available to use.
7. Your student’s teacher will have a device available after school at
dismissal available for you to take the survey.
Background Information about the LCAP
The planning process for an update requires that we encourage input from parents and our community. We have had a great deal of input from our parents, staff, and others who are interested in a quality education for all, and we considered all suggestions as we developed the 2015/16 revision to our LCAP. Listed below are a few of the new services provided for in the Hueneme Elementary School District’s LCAP:
1. Reduced class size for grades TK-3
2. School counselors at every school to help students and parents
3. Academic intervention teachers at all elementary schools to provide targeted, intensive instruction designed to accelerate learning for struggling students
4. English language support teachers to help students who are learning English as a second language
5. Elementary school music teachers
6. An elementary K-5 physical education teacher
7. Assistant principals at ten of our eleven schools to support principals and teachers in their work and provide additional security on campus
If you have any questions about the services available to you and your children, please contact Mr. Castellano.